BECOMING A MEMBER
A FEW LINES ABOUT MEMBERSHIP
IS THERE A MEMBERSHIP FEE?
The investment we ask for is that you share effective practices and solutions you have found to adapt and mitigate our changing climate and natural environment. We are not seeking perfection, we are seeking the pathways you traveled to implement “Climate Smart” solutions. Thus, you are showcasing your own path, on one hand, and enabling others to learn from it and replicate it. Here’s our SOLUTIONS TEMPLATE.
WHO ARE THE MEMBERS?
The members actually make a global Community that includes all sectors of the Wine Industry. Your fellow Community members can be grape growers, winemakers, exporters and importers, distributors, retailers, restauranteurs, researchers, scientists, marketing and packaging specialists, packaging companies, ancillary services, and some wine loving consumers. However, we all share a common cause: To ameliorate and mitigate the Climate Emergency.
Take a look at our members.
WHO CAN BECOME A MEMBER?
Anyone within the wine Industry and its ancillary Industries who has the desire to collaborate, share, and support others throughout the Wine Value Chain and will make a commitment to these ends.
ARE THERE ANY REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN?
There are no barriers to entry because as a sharing, collaborative and supportive Community, we believe in action, not perfection. We have seen champions learn from beginners. We believe that every action counts and we always are in a state of “continuous improvement”. We want to catalyze climate action at scale, not judge it.
So we welcome companies committed to climate action, no matter the stage they are in at the moment. However, to evolve from being a signatory (see details below) to member, you need to be effectively acting and share your solutions and best practices with the community.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
As a member you have access to our Global Community of members. Why is this access important to you?
- You have the ability to collaborate and learn from other members about how to begin and evolve on your journey to adapt and mitigate our changing climate.
- You have access to members who have been implementing solutions to challenges you are trying to address.
- You have access to a support network to assist you at every step you make to be “Climate Smart”. Your efforts will be more effective and efficient because others have gone before you.
- By joining you are able to connect and collaborate with like-minded people. You can share and showcase to others how you are doing it.
- You can access a myriad of solutions, resources and tools to guide your challenges brought on by our Climate Emergency.
- You will be able to access the collective reinforcement of the community when you question your plans and actions to be “Climate Smart”.
- You will be able to have a conversation with other members of the community to confirm that what you are doing today will benefit your organization today and in the future. We can be part of different working groups and collective projects from our community.
- You will be part of a leading community that wants to be part of the solution and make a difference.
WATCH our members tell you why.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
After we receive it, we will contact you to schedule a conversation. We want to know you, your company, ideas and environmental practices and share with you what we are building as a movement.
If you have any doubts or question, please send us an email: email@example.com
HOW DO I EVOLVE?
Check below our membership stages to understand our engagement journey.
Begin your journey
You commit to do more to tackle Climate Change by signing a letter of principles and have a time limit of 1 year to share good pratices with us.
Share good practices with others
You reinforce your commitment with our community by sharing your solutions and best practices, thus inspiring others to act.
Do more to fight climate change and be actively involved with the Porto Protocol.
You are effectively doing much more and are commiting to an active involvement with PP.
Promote PP principles wherever possible. Inspire the behaviour of partner organizations and stakeholders.
You are an agent of change, a coach and one of the faces of The Porto Protocol, commiting to recruit companies as new members. You are actively involved with suppliers that are included in the Porto Protocol.
BECOMING A PARTNER
Through collaborative partnerships, we are able to join strengths and resources, share and create solutions and/or initiatives that result in a faster and more efficient path towards tackling climate change.
If you are interested in becoming a Porto Protocol partner, please contact us contact: firstname.lastname@example.org